Singles Parties, October 15-23, 2010
Only 4 singles parties over the past two weeks, as Debby and I went on a mini-vacation (three nights) to Mt Shasta and the Trinity Alps:
- Romantic Evening Along the River, Friday, Oct 15, at the Sheraton Petaluma. Fun party, not a large turnout, but respectable. Hope to do another party at this lovely hotel. I have tried for years to do a party there, but this is the first time they said yes. Difficult to find affordable venues for parties that are also attractive as this one!
- Match Your Key Dance, Saturday, Oct 16, at Sinbad's in San Francisco. Another fun party at this popular waterfront venue!
- Blue Jean Ball, Friday, Oct 22, at Renaissance ClubSport Hotel in Walnut Creek. That's 3 great parties in a row at this popular upscale hotel! Normally we ask singles to dress up for our parties at nice hotels, but tonight we loosened up and wore our finest blue jeans.
- Santa Cruz Singles Convention, Saturday, Oct 23, at the Hilton Santa Cruz Scotts Valley. Well, we didn't get 170 people like we did at last year's convention, in the same lovely hotel. But we had a respectable turnout, considering we had to compete against the big storm and the exciting final game for the National League Pennant. Go Giants! Karen Brody gave another fine talk (she was also keynote speaker at this year's Silicon Valley Singles Convention) and DJ Tony played excellent music that kept the dance floor crowded.
- Singles Mixer, Tuesday, Oct 26, at Farmer's Restaurant in Pleasanton. We did several parties in past years at the historic Pleasanton Hotel, which has been extensively remodeled. We look forward to partying in this renovated restaurant/lounge!
- Halloween Costume Party & Dance, Silicon Valley, Friday, Oct 29, at Hotel Sofitel in Redwood City. Our last party at this upscale hotel attracted a big crowd and Halloween is a very strong theme, so we are hoping for a big crowd. We are co-sponsoring this party with Singles Supper Club.
- Halloween Costume Party & Dance, North Bay, Saturday, Oct 30, at the Embassy Suites Hotel in San Rafael. Our Halloween parties have always done extremely well at our favorite North Bay venue!