Easter Weekend parties, April 13 - 15
Hope you had a great Easter. We hosted three singles parties:
- Thursday night's party in SF had a disappointing crowd. I don't know if it was because of the long Easter Weekend and everyone took off early, or maybe we have been doing too many parties in San Francisco. We try to strike a balance between too many and too few. Most people tell me they like having lots of parties to choose from, so we try to schedule 3-4 singles parties in the Bay Area each week.
- Friday night's Astrological Matchmaking Party in Napa was fun. Just about everyone enjoyed our guest Astrologer, Randall Curtis. The only problem was that so many signed up for a free consultation (we had no idea so many would want a reading!) Next time we do one of these parties, we'll give Randall some help so he doesn't have to do it all. He loves doing the readings, but can only do so many at a specific party. If you missed the party, his website is www.MatchmakingHeaven.com. The food, provided by Rings Restaurant at the Embassy Suites Napa, was terrific.
- The big party this past weekend was Spring Night Delight, Saturday night, at the Sheraton San Jose (Milpitas). Big crowd, great dance party, with Miguel and Mike of Startracks DJ. Everyone who attended was excited to learn about our upcoming Cinco de Mayo party at Illusions Nightclub in Palo Alto, May 5, which we expect to be the Silicon Valley's largest party of the year for romantic eligibles! This is a huge nightclub, that can hold 700 singles, so please spread the word and maybe we will fill it!
- While I was hosting the Sheraton Hotel party (above), Dr. Janet Hecht, Director of Saturday Night Singles, ran our San Rafael party. Here are some of her comments. "Tonight was unusual. Only 5 regulars were there until 8:45. I was worried that we would not have enough money to pay the DJ. Then, 8:45 - 9:30, many people arrived. The music was so good that everyone was dancing. It was such a great atmosphere." We consistently have a tough time getting people to arrive earlier in the evening at our Saturday Night Singles parties. The advantage to arriving at 8pm is that we feed you. The chef puts out a nice spread of substantial hot hors d'oeuvres, but it often is gone by 9pm, when the party usually starts jumping. The other advantage to arriving early is that you get a choice seat by the dance floor. Latecomers have to settle for what they can get! If you do arrive before 9pm, don't panic if there aren't many people there. There are very few nightclubs in the Bay Area that have much of crowd before 11pm on a Saturday night.
1, Thursday, April 20, 7:30-9:30pm, we have a Jewish Singles Party in SF. Some people have been asking if they can attend, even though they are not Jewish. Of course! All of our parties are open to singles of all ages, ethnic backgrounds, and religions.
2. Saturday, April 22, we co-sponsor (with Singles Supper Club) a Dinner/Dance for Young Single Professionals (21-39) in Mt. View. We are trying to build up our attendance from young singles. It's tough to compete with the bars, where singles can usually go for free and meet all the young singles they want. Everyone says they hate meeting people at bars, so we give them a great alternative, but we can't do it for free (the venues we choose don't share the bar revenue with us)--we have to recoup our expenses.
3. Saturday, April 22, we have a special treat at our Saturday Night Singles party in San Rafael: a Motown party. DJ Julian will not only play today's hottest hits, but also your favorite Supremes, Four Tops, Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, and Smoky Robinson songs!
MORE DETAILS ABOUT ALL OF OUR PARTIES at www.ThePartyHotline.com.
Looks like spring has finally sprung. Enjoy the good weather this week!