Singles Parties, November 8 - 30, 2013
Great turnout for our first-ever Man Jose Singles Convention, November 30, at the Holiday Inn San Jose. I gave a talk, for women only, on A Good Man Is EASY to Find in Man Jose, with a lot of participation from attendees. Lots of fun. The guys came in after 9pm to dance with the women, who were jazzed up. High energy party, with a full dance floor much of the evening. The only negative was that some women told me that some of the guys turned them down when asked to dance. What's wrong with these guys? When a woman asks you to dance, she's not asking you to marry her. Just 3 minutes of your time. Common courtesy requires a YES. Guys, you know how hard it is to risk rejection, especially for women, who were taught by their mothers to play hard to get.
OTHER PARTIES DURING THIS PERIOD:
- No Rejection Dance, Nov 8, at the Pleasanton Marriott. Back to the rejection theme. We encouraged YES by giving away prizes to those who danced with the most people. Fun party.
- Sadie Hawkins Day Dance, Nov 15, at the Embassy Suites San Rafael. I guess November must be NO REJECTION MONTH, because here's another party along that theme, where we told the men they were not allowed to say NO to a woman's request for a dance. I didn't plan to do so many parties with similar themes, it just happened that way.
- Bay Lights Dance with Optional Speed Dating, Nov 16, at Sinbad's along the San Francisco Waterfront. Big crowd. Thanks to Tom and Julia of Your Asian Connection, who ran the speed dating and also brought and installed a very heavy wooden dance floor so we could have a great dance party!
- Sacramento Singles Convention, Nov 23, at the DoubleTree Sacramento. Beautiful hotel, huge ballroom. Unfortunately, not enough people attended to fill the huge ballroom. My keynote address, Looking for Love in All the RIGHT Places, was well-received, followed by a fun dance that petered out in the end. Thanks to Phil Seyer of The Professionals Guild and Carizma of Pre-Dating and LockandKeyEvents for co-sponsoring with us.
- Monday Night Football Mixer, Dec 2, at David's at the Santa Clara Golf & Tennis Club. Our first-ever Monday Night Football party! Hope it's well-attended so we can do it again.
- Asian/Non-Asian Christmas Party, Saturday, Dec 21, at th Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1177 Airport Blvd, Burlingame. There is an optional Dinner Buffet with Speed Dating and a Dance Lesson, followed by a Dance Party in a huge ballroom. Our last party at this lovely hotel was very well-attended. Adults of all ages and all ethnic groups welcome!
- 2 New Years Eve Bashes, North Bay and South Bay, for your convenience on the number one party night of the year! Two lovely hotels: Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael and Four Points by Sheraton Hotel San Jose. Happy 2014!
See you at the parties!