Singles Parties, February 13-April 18, 2014
Our annual Singles Charity Ball, Saturday, April 12, at the Westin St Francis Hotel on Union Square in San Francisco, attracted a huge crowd, as always. We raised approximately $7100, which will enable The Seva Foundation to restore sight to 142 blind people, at an average cost of $50 per eye surgery in the poor countries of the world. If you were unable to attend the party, please donate ONLINE. Thank you for your generosity!
Our Valentine's parties were also very well-attended. We did a Valentines Eve Mixer on Thursday, February 13, at the Walnut Creek Marriott. 102 attended, which is astounding for a two-hour mixer (no dancing) on a Thursday night! Hard to get people to come out on a worknight. That's why we do the vast majority of our parties on weekends.
Our Valentines Ball, February 14, at The Fairmont San Francisco was packed! Great location, great party.
OTHER PARTIES DURING THIS PERIOD:
- Marin Singles Convention, Friday, Feb 21, at Servino's in Tiburon. Entertaining keynote from our speaker, Francesca Gentille, on Seducing Your Relationship; followed by a Dance Party. We got lucky again with the weather. Clear night, spectacular view of San Francisco from the rear deck of Servino's. The heat lamps were on and it was a mild winter night, so lots of people enjoyed the outdoors and the view, as well as the party inside. Excellent turnout.
- Smartest Singles in America Party, Thursday, Feb 27, at Fahrenheit in San Jose. CCTV, the world's largest TV network, which broadcasts worldwide, especially in China and the USA, covered this party and did an excellent SEGMENT. A more typical Thursday night turnout, as a large crowd did not attend, unlike our Feb 13 party
- Speed Dancing Party, Saturday, March 8, at the DoubleTree SFO in Burlingame. The large dance floor was packed almost all night, which wasn't surprising, considering the theme!
- St Patricks Day Dance, Saturday, March 15, at the Embassy Suites San Rafael. You can't miss on St Paddy's Day! Great theme for a party, which was well-attended.
- Spring Fever Dance, Friday, March 21, at Four Points by Sheraton Silicon Valley in San Jose. Thank you to Tess of South County Singles, who co-sponsored with us and decorated the ballroom very professionally. Lots of new faces! South Santa Clara County has a large growing population of singles that is underserved. We hope Tess more parties in that area!
- East Bay Singles Convention, Saturday, March 22, at the Pleasanton Marriott. Big crowd! Barbara Lovejoy gave a fun Keynote Address, with lots of audience participation. Fun dance party.
- Young Single Professionals Business & Tech Networking Party, Friday, March 28, at Sinbads in San Francisco. Well-attended, lots of new faces. Another clear night, so we had an excellent view of the eight million dollar Bay Lights! Our next two YSP parties will also be in San Francisco (please see below).
- Spring Night Delight Dance, with optional Speed Dating, Saturday, March 29, at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown San Jose. Big crowd, fun dance party!
- Solano Single Mingle, Sunday, April 6, at Sailor Jack's in Benicia. Our annual mixer in this quaint waterfront town was well-attended. Great view and plentiful appetizers.
- Bay Area Flirting Convention, Friday, April 18, at Hotel Sofitel Redwood Shores. Disappointing turnout. Usually we get an excellent turnout at this annual event. Congratulations to Gina, who won the title of Miss Bay Area Flirt! Fun dance party, but it broke up a little early because of the lack of big numbers in the large ballroom.
- Young Single Professionals Speed Networking, Monday, April 21, at Sinbads in San Francisco. A new concept, where we have small group discussions at different tables, which rotate, so you get to meets lots of new people in an intimate environment. Should be fun!
- Exclusive Country Club Dance, Friday, April 25, at Sequoyah Country Club in the lovely Oakland hills. Not all of us are wealthy, but tonight we can pretend at this luxurious venue, with great views of SF and The Bay!
- Wine Tasting Party, Sunday, April 27, at Station 1870 at Railroad Square in Santa Rosa. Featuring the wines of Lost Canyon Winery. Only $10. Should be packed to the gills.
- Miss Cougar Silicon Valley Party, Saturday, May 3, 8pm, at Fahrenheit in Downtown San Jose. Cubs will vote for their favorite cougar in attendance. If you haven't attended one of our cougar parties, you're missing out! Free admission for anyone who RSVPs on our Cougar Meetup!
- American Cougar Convention, Saturday May 10, at Opera Ultra Lounge, only 3 blocks from the White House in Washington DC. A long way to go for a party. Miss Cougar America 2014 will be crowned tonight and win a free Cougar Cruise!
- Young Single Professionals Party, Friday, May 16, at The Cellar near Union Square in San Francisco. This fun venue has been renovated and must be seen. Free admission to anyone who RSVPs on our YSP Meetup.
- Memorial Day Holiday Dance, Sunday, May 25, at a fun new venue, Angelica's, in Downtown Redwood City. We always get a good crowd on Memorial Day Sunday, because Monday is a holiday. Most of our singles do NOT go out of town on holiday weekends and are looking for something to do! This is it.
- Lady in Red Dance, Saturday, May 31. Details soon on our WEBSITE.
- DETAILS & MORE PARTIES