Singles Parties, January 11 - February 8, 2014
Despite the largest storm in over a year, our Valentines Ball at The Fairmont, Feb 8, attracted a huge crowd! I was concerned because earlier I had predicted 500+ would attend, and was afraid that my credibility would be shot, through no fault of my own, if the rain scared everyone away. It was a high-energy, well-dressed crowd (most appropriate for the elegance of The Venetian Room) and DJ Mike Keating did another terrific job for us.
OTHER PARTIES DURING THIS PERIOD:
- Bay Lights Dance with Speed Dating, Jan 11 at Sinbad's in San Francisco. That 8 million dollar backdrop gave the right ambience for another fun party at Sinbad's, with a good turnout. Thank you to Julia and Tom of Your Asian Connection, for running the speed dating and bringing the large dance floor! Next Speed Dating/Dance Party is on March 29 in San Jose (see below).
- New Years Resolutions Mixer, Jan 16, at The Spinnaker in Sausalito. A clear night meant another spectacular view of San Francisco and the Bay! Good turnout. Thank you to The Spinnaker for the great appetizers!
- Winter Ball, Jan 25, at Ondine in Sausalito. Yes, two parties in a row in Sausalito. We never do the same city twice in a row, but here's the exception. And Sausalito is definitely an exceptional town! Big crowd.
- Napa Dance, Jan 31, at Silo's at the historic Napa River Inn. Big turnout for a small town!
- Valentines Eve Mixer, Thursday, Feb 13, 7-9pm, Marriott Hotel, 2355 N Main St, Walnut Creek. We are looking forward to our first party since the remodel of this lovely hotel.
- Valentines Day Dance, Friday, Feb 14, 8pm-12, Holiday Inn, 1350 N First St, San Jose. We are lucky this year, with V-day falling on a Friday, making it convenient for singles to meet their valentines in a large a hotel ballroom and not have to worry about getting up early the next morning for work!
- Marin Singles Convention, Friday, Feb 21, 7:30pm-12, Servino's, 9 Main St, Tiburon. This is the largest annual gathering of singles in the North Bay! Author Francesca Gentille will deliver an entertaining keynote on Seducing Your Relationship, followed a Dance Party. Last month we enjoyed beautiful Sausalito twice. This month we enjoy ANOTHER SPECTACULAR VIEW of San Francisco and The Bay!
- Smartest Singles in America Mixer, "Thursday, Feb 27, 7-9pm, Fahrenheit, 99 E San Fernando, Downtown San Jose. NBC's Today Show declared San Jose to be "smartest city in America," so here's your chance to meet single professionals with high IQs and high incomes! Only $10/door includes appetizers for those who arrive on time, a FUN Mixer Game, and free validated parking at the Fourth Street Garage. Such a deal!
- Speed Dancing, Saturday, March 8, 8pm-12, DoubleTree SFO, 835 Airport Blvd, Burlingame. Speed Dating is always popular at the parties, but Speed Dancing is even more fun!
- East Bay Singles Convention, Saturday, March 22, Marriott Hotel, 11950 Dublin Canyon Road, Pleasanton. This time our largest annual party in the East Bay features a keynote address with Barbara Lovejoy. Details soon.
- Spring Night Delight, Saturday, March 29, Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, 211 S First St, San Jose. Come early (6:30pm) for complimentary appetizers, followed by Speed Dating, 7-8:30pm, followed by Dance Party, 8:30pm-12.
- Mediterranean Singles Cruise, July 13-20, Barcelona, Spain to France and Italy. Details.
- Cougar Cruise to Mexico, Oct 24-27. Details.