Singles Parties, July 5 - November 15, 2014
Our Singles Meetup Spectacular was, I believe, the first time that 30 singles meetups co-sponsored an event. It was a huge success, with over 400 singles attending. Of course it helped that it was at the spectacular Venetian Room of The Fairmont Hotel (where President Obama stays when he comes to SF). And, as luck would have it, November 15 was also Sadie Hawkins Day, which added a fun to the party. Men were NOT allowed to say NO if a lady asked them to dance!
OTHER PARTIES DURING THIS PERIOD:
- Red, White & Blue Dance, July 5, at Mavericks in Santa Rosa. We celebrated our nation's independence in a large nightclub, with substantial appetizers, a dance lesson, and a dance party. Decent turnout, especially considering that it was far north of San Francisco, so most of our singles considered it far beyond their range.
- Speed Dating Convention, July 12, at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Over 200 singles participated. Thanks to Tom Dwyer and Julia Ma of Your Asian Connection for running this fun event!
- Black Singles Convention, July 25, at the beautiful Sequoyah Country Club in the Oakland Hills. Disappointing turnout. Thought we would have had a bigger crowd. We had fun in spite of this!
- Bad Boys... and the Women Who Love Them Dance, July 26, at Matrix in San Francisco. Lovely nightclub, fairly well-attended event.
- SF Speed Dating, August 2, at Drake in San Francisco. Another large, upscale nightclub. Big crowd!
- Christian Speed Dating, August 15, at Fahrenheit in San Jose. So-so attendance. Nice venue.
- Hot August Night Dance, August 16, at Embassy Suites San Rafael. Well-attended, as always, at this lovely hotel.
- A Good Man Is EASY to Find, Aug 23, at the Pleasanton Marriott. Big, enthusiastic crowd.
- Labor Day Holiday Mixer, Aug 31, at the Walnut Creek Marriott. Good turnout.
- Disco Night Fever Dance, Sep 13, at Matrix in San Francisco. Good turnout. Love those great hits from the 70s-80s!
- End of Summer Bash, Sep 20, at the DoubleTree SFO in Burlingame. We kicked off National Singles Week with a great party!
- Dating Outside the Box, Sep 27, at Drake Nightclub in SF. Nicely attended.
- Speed Dating, Oct 11, at City Nights Nightclub in SF. Well-attended. The House DJ played all of our favorite hits, so the dancing after the speed dating was fun!
- Match Your Key Mixer, Oct 16, at the Walnut Creek Marriott. Well-attended, fun group.
- Match Your Key Mixer & Live Band Dance, Oct 23, at Number One Broadway in Los Gatos. Helluva deal: only $10 for our fun Match Your Key Mixer, with Spun playing great dance music! Well-attended.
- 2 Halloween Costume Contests/Dances, Oct 31, at DoubleTree SFO in Burlingame and Embassy Suites San Rafael. Both were well-attended. Great costumes!
- Match Your Key Mixer, Nov 5, at the Sheraton Petaluma. Well-attended. Lots of new faces.
- The Comfort Zone, Thursday, Nov 20, Englander Pub, San Leandro.
- Thanksgiving Holiday Dance, Saturday, Nov 29, San Jose Marriott
- Holiday Speed Dating, Sunday, Dec 7, San Francisco
- Holiday Dance, Saturday, Dec 13, San Francisco
- Holiday Wine Tasting at Historic Bank, Friday, Dec 19, San Francisco
- Christmas Dance, Saturday, Dec 20, Sausalito
- Pre-New Years Eve Bash, Saturday, Dec 27, Burlingame
- DISCOUNTS & more details.