Singles Parties, March 16 - 30, 2012
We survived the deluge, but the bad weather did reduce attendance at our parties during this late rainy season. We had planned for 500 to attend our Singles Charity Ball on March 24 at the San Ramon Marriott, but barely hit 300 due to the heavy rains. Nevertheless, we raised $5,000 for The Seva Foundation, which will enable them to restore sight to 100 blind people! It only costs $50 for Seva to perform an eye surgery in the poor countries of the world. If you were unable to attend this fundraiser, (or chickened out because of the heavy rain!) please make your donation at www.seva.org. Thank you. We plan to do another giant fundraiser in San Francisco later in the year.
Our St Patrick's Day Dance on March 16 at the Corinthian Grand Ballroom in San Jose was also hit by heavy rain, but we had a fun dinner dance regardless, according to Laura Lane, of Singles Supper Club, who hosted the party. Thankfully I accepted Laura's offer for me to take the night off (I don't enjoy driving in the rain any more than the rest of you, especially since I would be driving all the way from San Rafael).
We got lucky with the rain at our Night to Remember Dance on March 30 at Servino's in Tiburon. The rain never came, despite the predictions of the weather experts. While we didn't have the big turnout we normally get when we party in this lovely venue, the turnout was decent and it was an excellent party. Servino's is our good luck charm, as the rain seems to skip Tiburon whenever we do these parties, and we always have the beautiful, clear view of San Francisco!
APRIL has a great lineup of major parties, at excellent locations!
- An Elegant Evening at The Fairmont, Saturday, April 7, in San Francisco. 600 attended our last party at this landmark hotel, and people have been asking repeatedly for another!
- Miss Cougar America Contest & Dance, Lucky Friday the 13th of April, at the world-famous Hard Rock Cafe, at Pier 39 in San Francisco. Details at www.cougarevents.com.
- Silicon Valley Singles Convention, Saturday, April 14, at the Clarion Hotel in Downtown San Jose. I booked this hotel, sight unseen. All of the other Clarions we have used as venues have been nice hotels, so why not? Rachel Heller, co-author of the acclaimed Attached, will keynote this annual soiree. Her book has received rave reviews by Newsweek, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, and numerous other major publications. Dance Party follows.
- Contra Costa Singles Convention, Friday, April 20, at the Walnut Creek Marriott. We don't normally do two singles conventions in one month, but hotel availability made this desirable. Tonight's keynote speaker is Dr. Wendy Lyon, who co-authored with Deepak Chopra the exciting new book, Road Map to Success. Her topic is Just Say NO! -- Secret to Finding Love. Dance party follows in a huge ballroom.
- Speed Dancing Party, Friday, April 27, at the Hyatt Regency Burlingame. This is the first-ever Speed Dancing Party, where you meet more singles in one night than you do in a month, and have a lot more fun than with Speed Dating!
- Silicon Valley Meets Silicon Beach (Santa Cruz), Sunday, April 29, at Severino's at SeaCliff Inn in Aptos. Once a year we ask our singles in the Silicon Valley to "drive over the hill" and visit the friendly singles of Santa Cruz County.
Details at www.ThePartyHotline.com/PartyCalendar.html. See you at the parties!