Singles Parties, April 19 - 30, 2011
Just got back from New York City, where I produced the 3rd Annual National Cougar Convention, at Mahattan's ecologically-friendly Greenhouse Nightclub. Aalsa Lee, 73 years old, was crowned Miss Cougar America! Nice turnout. The news media also attended in force and wrote features stories about the convention on The Atlantic Magazine, New York Post, CBS New York, and NBC New York websites. See info below about the upcoming California Cougar Convention.
While I was out of town, Laura Lane of Singles Supper Club hosted our Singles Weekend in the Silicon Valley, at the Sheraton Palo Alto. Friday night's dinner/dance was lightly attended. Saturday night was the big party.
Other events we sponsored over the past two weeks include:
- Celebrity Matchmaker Party, Tuesday, April 19, at Kaama in San Jose. Janis Spindel of New York City coached our single women about the 10 Mistakes Women Make, followed by appetizers, socializing, and dancing with the guys, who came after Janis's inspiring talk. Laura Lane of Singles Supper Club, who ran this party, reports a good turnout.
- Art & Wine Tasting & Interiors Party, Friday, April 22, at Shawna Stoney in San Francisco. Great venue for this fun party.
- Easter Dance, Saturday, April 23, at Hotel Shattuck Plaza in Berkeley. Good turnout, fun dance party with DJ Slick.
- Matchmaking Party, Thursday, May 5, at the Flamingo Resort Hotel in Santa Rosa. Singles2Couples will be conducting a fun Mixer Game that lets you know whether anyone compatible with you is at this party! We also have free appetizers, plus DJ Bobby spinning your favorite dance and karaoke hits.
- Match Your Key Dance, Friday, May 6, at the Clarion SFO in Millbrae.
- A Fun Evening in Tiburon, Tuesday, May 10, at Guaymas in Tiburon. Our first party at this popular location, with spectacular views of San Francisco and the Bay!
- Singles Charity Ball, Saturday, Lucky Friday the 13th of May, at the Westin St Francis Hotel on Union Square in San Francisco. This is the big one! 600 attended last year. 100% of your tax-deductible donation of $20 goes to the Seva Foundation to restore sight to the blind, at an average cost of only $50 for each eye surgery!
- MidLife Mixer, Friday, May 20, at the Crowne Plaza in Milpitas. Annie Gleason of Get a Love Life! will be on hand to answer your personal questions about midlife dating, plus appetizers and fun mixer game.
- Wine Tasting Party, Saturday, May 21, at Redux Nightclub in Walnut Creek. Stay for House DJ Dance Party which follows!
- Spring Fling, Wednesday, May 25, at the W Hotel in Newark. Only $10/door includes free wine and appetizers (until they run out), plus dancing to your favorite hits. Great way to kickoff the Memorial Day holiday a couple of nights early!
- Blue Jean Ball, Friday, May 27, at Hotel Sofitel in Redwood Shores.
- California Cougar Convention, Saturday, May 28, at Intramuros Nightclub in South San Francisco. Our first Miss Cougar California went on to fame on Donald Trump's Apprentice Show and Dr Phil's Show as well! Last year's Miss Cougar California, Amy Luna, will speak tonight on How to P.L.E.A.S.E. Your Cougar or Cub for an Evening or a Lifetime. More details about this and other cougar events on our COUGAR WEBSITE.