Singles Parties, June 3 - 11, 2011
3 parties over the past two weeks, all well-attended:
- Matchmaking Party, Friday, June 3, at Embassy Suites San Rafael. Author Martin Ucik of Singles2Couples conducted matchmaking games, which allowed everyone to discover with whom they were most compatible at the party! Entertaining, broke the ice. Then a fun Dance Party with DJ Darryl K. We hope to have Martin do a similar party for us in San Francisco later this summer.
- Match Your Key Dance, Saturday, June 4, at David's at Santa Clara Golf & Tennis Club. Another fun party at this lovely restaurant!
- Dance by the Bay, Saturday, June 11, at Sinbad's in San Francisco. Late Monday afternoon, June 6, I got a call that the water main at Golden Gate Yacht Club had burst, causing major flooding and the shutdown of this popular venue. As luck would have it, I had just put 2,000 postcards in the mail that morning, first class (at a cost of 35 cents per postcard, including mailing and labor costs). We were able to make lemonade out of lemons, however, as we fortunately had Sinbad's, a popular restaurant on the San Francisco waterfront, available at the last minute for our party. Unfortunately some of our 12,000 singles on our party database didn't open up their email from me with the change of location, so they wound up going to GGYC first, then drive down to Sinbad's. Even worse, there was HORRENDOUS traffic across both the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge. A few of our singles had to drive two hours to get to the party. With all this adversity, you could have predicted a disastrous turnout, but you would be wrong. We had a very good crowd and a fun dance party, thanks to DJ Extraordinare Miguel, coming out from Las Vegas to spin our favorite dance hits.
UPCOMING EVENTS INCLUDE:
- Contra Costa Singles Convention, Friday, June 17, at Renaissance ClubSport Hotel in Walnut Creek. Jo Anna Philips, author of How to Shop for the Perfect Relationship will keep off our largest event of the year in the Contra Costa area, followed by Dance Party, with DJ Slick Vic.
- Young Single Professionals Party, Thursday, June 23, at Kaama Lounge, across from Santana Row in San Jose. Big crowd for our last YSP at this fun nightclub. Hopefully history will repeat itself!
- Men in Black Dance, Saturday, June 25, at the San Mateo Marriott. Two years since our last Men in Black party, which was well-attended. Again, hopefully history will repeat itself.
- Independence Day Singles Party, Saturday, July 2 at the W Hotel in Newark. Uncle Sam will host this fun dance!
- Wine Tasting & Dance, Saturday, July 9, at Mr. Smith's in San Francisco. Several years since we did a party in this fun nightclub.
- Sonoma Wine Country Mixer, Sunday, July 10, at The Plaza Bistro on the Square in Sonoma, one of my favorite quaint towns. Beautiful drive in the Wine Country this time of the year!
- Dinner/Dance, Friday, July 22, at David's at Santa Clara Golf & Tennis Club. More details soon.
If you are thinking about travel this summer, you might want to join Debby and me on the Grand European Singles Tour, July 30 - August 10, 2011. We visit four countries! Info at www.SinglesTravelCompany.com.
More event details at www.ThePartyHotline.com/PartyCalendar.html. See you at the parties!